Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Super Vintage


Not too long ago I was at an estate sale digging deep
in a pile of linens on a table.
After selecting several pieces,
(she was charging way too much),
I discovered a box under the table
stuffed with old lace and pieces of
vintage dresses. I asked the gal if she would
take $20 for the whole box thinking she
would say no and go up from there.
She said if it is not gone by the end of
the day, come back and I could have it for $20!
So I pushed it way back again
under the table...haha!
At the end of the day I stopped back in and
the box was mine!

 
The other day I took the lace off the
remains of a tattered vintage dress,
found in that box,
and sewed them on the ends of a piece
of linen to form a tube style pillow slip.
I encased the insert beforehand with
linen as well.


Then I finished the middle off with
more vintage lace and old, old
French buttons.
It turned out so beautiful.
I have it for sale in my shop on Etsy, 
secretly hoping maybe it won't sell!

I'm going to head on over to White Wednesday
at Faded Charm to see what others are
up to!

xo
xo
clare 

1 comment:

Blondie's Journal said...

You did a wonderful job, Clare! This is SO pretty! And what a bargain you got! :)

XO,
Jane